Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Catch us if ya can, we're heading to Ketchikan!


Ketchikan-Day Two


 Woke up and opened our curtains to this breath taking view. The locals and cruise director said that it is unheard of to have clear skies and sun all day. We were so lucky to get such a beautiful day.

 In this picture you can see float planes. They landed on the water right in front of our ship. If you ask me it looks a little sketchy, but they say it's perfectly safe. I don't think any of these pictures do Alaska justice. I've traveled quite a bit and this is the most gorgeous place I have ever been.
 
Breakfast..View was awful huh? ...GORGEOUS!!!
Zip Line Adventure




There was only one rule..Don't scream.
So what did I do on the first one....Let's just call it a yelp. I got a warning. The
Reason for the no screaming was that there were ground tours below us looking for wildlife and we didn't want to scare all the critters away. We got lucky enough to see a black bear on the way back to the ship.


  The couple that were our guides were seriously awesome. They were originally from the east coast and moved to Alaska for seasonal work. They had finished their degrees and decided to travel and have adventures together as seasonal guides in different places. This was Katie and Rowen last week of work and they were going to move to Hawaii and work through the winter. After that they didn't know what was next for them, but they were up for anything. I am so jealous. I think that it is so cool. I told Jake after we graduate and before we start a family we HAVE to do something like this, even if it's just for a summer.

 


This sounds dumb but I felt like we were on The Bachelor. Every port we did something so exciting and adventurous. I loved doing all these firsts with Jake. We had a blast swinging from the trees. 



Sailing away to Juneau, Alaska
Stay tuned


LEX & JAKE
 XO

No comments:

Post a Comment